Get Involved with the CFA Institute Research Challenge
Research Challenge participants include faculty advisers, report graders, local hosts, industry mentors, presentation judges, subject companies, and university teams.
How to Get Involved
University teams consist of three to five undergraduate or graduate students that produce the written report and the presentation. To participate in the Research Challenge:
- Confirm your eligibility
- Find out if your university participates
- Follow up with a faculty adviser
Volunteers are essential to the success of the Research Challenge. Please consider one of these roles:
- Faculty Adviser: Typically employed by the team's university, a faculty adviser provides guidance and direction to the team throughout all levels of competition.
- Report Grader: Selected by the local host, report graders evaluate the team’s written reports.
- Hosts include the CFA Institute Member Society, CFA Institute, or CFA Institute approved third-party responsible for sponsoring either the local level, regional level, or global level of the Research Challenge.
- Industry Mentor: These industry professionals, preferably CFA charterholders, are assigned to the team by the local host to review the team’s written report and provide critique of their presentation.
- Presentation Judge: Selected by the competition host, judges evaluate the presentations (ten-minute oral and visual presentations prepared by the team).
The subject company is a publicly traded company assigned by the host to the team as the basis for the written report and presentation.
Consider becoming the subject of the competition to gain unbiased research about your company or explore sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities.