CFA Institute Prep Provider Program
The collaboration between CFA Institute and Prep Providers helps achieve our mission to lead the investment profession globally by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
Providers accepted into the CFA Institute Prep Provider Program will adhere to best practices and terms and conditions, which are incorporated into the agreement..
Participation in the CFA Institute Prep Provider Program is voluntary, subject to CFA Institute approval, and open to prep providers that:
- Develop a substantial portion of their own content and/or courses
- Substantial coverage of a full level of at least one our programs
- Have been providing preparatory services for at least one CFA Institute program for at least one year; and
- Agree to abide by all terms and conditions of the CFA Institute Prep Provider Program as laid out in the agreement.
The 10 Benefits of Participating in the CFA Institute Prep Provider Program
- Be listed on the CFA Institute website
- Authorized to recreate the Learning Outcome Statements (LOS), building blocks of the CFA exams
- Allowed to use CFA Institute copyrighted materials
- Receive early access curricula, for all prep providers that have partnered with us for at least two years (excl. resellers)
- Use the name “CFA Institute Prep Provider”
- Make use of our online CFA Institute Prep Provider Resource Center which includes proprietary content such as candidate numbers by city by level
- Access to the Learning Ecosystem (LES)
- View 1,700 extra questions via the LES
- Receive updates before the candidates
- Have a dedicated team to answer all your questions
How to Apply to the Program
Every year from around 1 February to around 31 March, we open an application window for prep providers to join the program for the following calendar/curriculum/exam year.
Kindly note that acceptance into the program is at CFA Institute sole discretion.
What it Means to be a Prep Provider
Best practices include:
- Abiding by all CFA Institute requirements
- Effective communication of the educational purpose and principles of CFA Institute programs
- Delivery of high-quality supplemental materials consistent with the current curriculum and exam. These materials are reviewed each year by CFA Institute and must be updated to the latest curriculum content as a condition of ongoing participation in the program
- Collection and sharing of candidate feedback regarding courses and prep products
- Not asking candidates to share test questions or topics with the provider after an exam (from memory or otherwise)
- Accurate communication to candidates regarding the time commitment required for proper preparation for CFA Institute programs
- Refraining from advertising pass rates from your customers
- Truthful, transparent, and fair advertising