Student participants can use these free resources from CFA Institute and our sponsors to help them from preparation through presentation.
Using Eikon Web from Refinitiv
- Eikon Web Access Login Page
Please note: Gaining access to Eikon is contingent on successful registration for the CFA Institute Research Challenge. Students will receive a welcome email which will contain a claim link. Once a student has claimed their access by agreeing to Refinitiv’s terms and conditions, they will receive valid Eikon login credentials.
Learn the Basics
- About Eikon
- Getting Started with Eikon
- Using Eikon Web
- Working with Layouts
- Managing the Eikon Workspace
- Quick Start Guide to Eikon Web (PDF)
For any concerns you have with Eikon, please contact CFA Institute (email@example.com)
Learning about Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
New in the 2020-2021 competition season, teams are required to incorporate ESG into both their written report and presentation. CFA Institute has many resources on the ESG Investing and Analysis page.
Researching the Subject Company
- Best Practices for Equity Research Analysts, Chapter 20: Essentials for Buy-Side and Sell-Side Analysts (PDF)
- After the Credit Crisis: Transparency and Other Issues in Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Analysis — How to Spot Red Flags
- How to Read a 10-Q
- Relative Valuation: Improving the Analysis and Use of Multiples
- Financial Shenanigans: How to Detect Accounting Gimmicks and Fraud in Financial Reports