Student participants can use these free resources from CFA Institute and our sponsors to help them from preparation through presentation.
Using Workspace for Students from Refinitiv
- Workspace for Students
Please note: Gaining access to Workspace is contingent on successful registration for the CFA Institute Research Challenge. Students will have the ability to request access to the platform during registration. Access granting may take a few weeks after registration is completed. Students who have requested access by agreeing to Refinitiv’s terms and conditions will receive an email from Refinitiv with their login details for the Workspace for Students platform.
Learn the Basics
- Refinitiv Workspace for Students - Presentation (PPT)
- Refinitiv Workspace for Students Factsheet (PDF)
- Refinitiv Workspace for Students Quickstart Guide (PDF)
This video gallery includes videos on the following:
- Introducing Refinitiv Workspace for Students
- Installing Refinitiv Workspace & Web Access
- Refinitiv Workspace - Basic Navigation (Web Access)
- Maximize Searching (Web Access)
- Working with Layouts (Web Access)
- Settings (Web Access)
- Working with Charts
- Retrieving data to Excel Using the Formula Builder
For any concerns you have with Workspace, please contact CFA Institute ([email protected]).
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
CFA Institute has many resources on the ESG Investing and Analysis page.
Researching the Subject Company
- Best Practices for Equity Research Analysts, Chapter 20: Essentials for Buy-Side and Sell-Side Analysts (PDF)
- After the Credit Crisis: Transparency and Other Issues in Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Analysis — How to Spot Red Flags
- How to Read a 10-Q
- Relative Valuation: Improving the Analysis and Use of Multiples
- Financial Shenanigans: How to Detect Accounting Gimmicks and Fraud in Financial Reports