For your awareness, beginning with this year’s volunteer cycle, many of our volunteer opportunities will be transitioning to our new volunteer platform, the CFA Institute Community (powered by Higher Logic).
The opportunities listed below will direct you to your appropriate volunteer opportunities; however, we wanted to alert your that some of your volunteer experiences may look different that they have in the recent past. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
The Practice Analysis group is recruiting members for the Practice Analysis Working Body. The Working Body supports the Education Advisory Committee and practice analysis process by serving as a forum for surveys of current practice, reviewing proposed revisions to the Bodies of Knowledge related to CFA Institute education programs and reviewing developed content for CFA Program, CIPM Program and certificates.
We are looking for candidates with experience in the investment management industry.
Projects can include the following:
- Complete surveys regarding industry trends and topics relevant to the competency framework, industry practice and CFA Program;
- Complete Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) surveys;
- Review curricula materials, for example, learning outcome statements, readings, and study tools (variable frequency).
This all-volunteer panel will evaluate the level of difficulty for the February 2024 CFA Level I Examination.
Role Location & Time Commitment:
Role Experience & Requirements:
Please submit your resume or CV with application. Those who do not attach a resume or CV will not be considered. Please also indicate if you have previously served as a standard setter (include level(s) and dates).
Conflicts Specific to Role:
- Must be members in good standing;
- Must disclose every relationship with a prep provider, including work for a society-sponsored prep course;
- Prohibited from working for a prep provider;
- May not be currently enrolled in the CFA Program;
- Must disclose all work (including volunteer) for another testing organization in the finance industry;
- Prohibited from teaching, developing materials, preparing students, or acting as an advisor for any prep provider for CFA or within the finance industry for one calendar year after conclusion of their term;
- Disclose all immediate family and household members enrolled in the CFA or CIPM Program;
- Disclose all working relationships with individuals enrolled in the CFA and/or CIPM Program;
- May not serve if a direct report and/or supervisor is registered for the CFA or CIPM exam;
- Prohibited from acting as a CFA or CIPM exam team member, Council of Examiners member, DRC member, CFA exam grader, a PCR, or society leader.
Volunteers will earn 10 PL and 1 SER credits.
CFA Institute is the global leader in the education and testing of investment professionals, with the CFA® Program as our core product. We depend on our volunteer charterholders to assist with the virtual essay exam grading process. Grading provides the opportunity to give something back to the profession, network with other charterholders, and be a part of a business-critical event for our organization.
We recruit CFA Charterholders for this virtual volunteer opportunity on an ongoing basis. To be a part of the group that upholds the rigor of the CFA Program exams, we invite you to email [email protected] to express your interest in serving as a volunteer grader.
Disciplinary Review CommitteeThe application period for the CFA Institute Disciplinary Review Committee (DRC) will be open 31 January through 1 March 2024 for the FY25 term beginning 1 September 2024. Members of the DRC must be experienced CFA® charterholders, have a passion for upholding ethical standards, and must:
• safeguard the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct,
• hear and decide disciplinary cases against members and candidates brought forth by Professional Conduct pursuant to the CFA Institute Rules of Procedure,
• represent our diverse membership, and
• commit approximately 100–150 hours of volunteer service per year.
• Playing a direct role in upholding the high ethical standards of the CFA Institute membership
• Serving the public and the membership through enforcement of the CFA Institute Code & Standards
• Engaging and networking with other global volunteers who are similarly passionate about ethics and committed to the CFA Institute mission
• Earning volunteer hours
We encourage qualified candidates to apply here! Find out more about the committee and this volunteer opportunity on our website, or contact us at [email protected] for more information.
CFA Institute Community
As we introduce our new volunteer platform, the CFA Institute Community (powered by Higher Logic) we want you to know that this platform will house all volunteer application details and information for the opportunities listed above.
If there are currently no opportunities available or none that interest you at this time, you are still invited to get started with the platform. To launch your experience with the community, you will need to:
- Login (or create a login) with your CFA Institute credentials.
- If you already have a CFA Institute log-in, we encourage you to use it. If not, you can create a new account.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the community platform.
- Create your community and volunteer profiles.
- If you have questions about the community platform, please email [email protected]