CIPM® Exam Disability Accommodations
We're committed to offering the CIPM exam in a manner and location accessible to individuals with disabilities, in compliance with legal regulations.
We grant disability accommodations to candidates whose physical or mental impairment substantially limits, as compared to the general population, their ability to sit for the exam.
Disability accommodations applications due
Sit for the exam
16 - 30 September
We only review requests submitted online, before the deadline, by candidates who are registered for an exam.
- Your completed form and supporting documentation in English must be received by the deadline noted above. Once received, we will confirm receipt via email.
- Please allow four to six weeks for processing. We will notify you regarding the status of your request once it has been evaluated.
- CFA Institute does not guarantee that your request for disability accommodations will be granted, even if you have previously received disability accommodations.
For Registered Candidates
Candidates requesting disability accommodations for the first time should review the list of required documents. Candidates who have received accommodations in the past can resubmit the Disability Accommodations Request Form.
What Do I Need to Submit a Request?
Once you have registered for an exam, you will be required to submit the following as part of your request for accommodations:
Our Online Request Form
To submit the request form, you will need to provide details about your disability and the type(s) of accommodations you are requesting. Login required.
The Medical Professional Questionnaire (PDF)
This form must be filled out by a qualified professional and returned to us.
Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation
You will need to submit your most recent evaluation, which must be three years old or less.
This may include school records, grades/transcripts, previous standardized test results (such as SAT/ACT), evidence of prior testing accommodations, past comprehensive diagnostic evaluations, or any other documentation demonstrating a history of significant impairment or limitation.
Guidelines for the Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation
- The evaluation should be conducted by a qualified professional with expertise in the disability for which the accommodation is sought.
- Be up-to-date and comprehensive; as a guideline, CFA Institute suggests that your most recent evaluation is less than three years old.
- With the exception of physical disabilities, the qualified professional should consider the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) or equivalent diagnostic standards (non-US) when making a diagnosis.
- Include an evaluation of current impact of the claimed disability.
- Because the professional must individually and personally evaluate an applicant for a testing accommodation, provide evidence that the diagnosis does not rely solely on self-report in establishing developmental history, current symptoms, and evidence of clinically significant impairment.
- If the condition for which the accommodation sought is treatable with corrective lenses, explain past and current treatments for this condition and the effects of these treatments in ameliorating symptoms.
- Provide objective evidence of a material restriction in the area for which an accommodation is requested.