CIPM Program Refunds and Deferrals Policy
A full refund of your registration fees is available within fourteen (14) days of payment (through 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the fourteenth day). Due to fluctuating exchange rates, CFA Institute cannot guarantee the exact amount paid to CFA Institute will be the amount returned in currency other than US currency. After the fourteen-day period has ended, registration fees are nonrefundable, even in the event of a medical condition or other extreme circumstance. Registration fees are non-transferrable. Payments for print curriculum orders are nonrefundable once the order has been placed.
Deferrals to the next available exam are considered on a case-by-case basis, and only in the event of one of the following, impacting the candidate or a member of his/her immediate family:
- life-threatening illness (candidate or immediate family member) in the exam window;
- death of a candidate’s immediate family member;
- mandatory military service (candidate only) in the exam window;
- pregnancy (candidate only); or
- natural disaster or government travel restriction (candidate’s local area) that prevents the candidate from attending the exam.