CIPM Program Refunds and Deferrals Policy
For candidates submitting an initial registration for CIPM Exams, a full refund of your registration fee and any other sales tax payable and paid by the candidate in their country of residence is available within fourteen (14) days of payment (through 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the fourteenth day). An initial registration does not include a registration made to reschedule an exam sitting that was either deferred by the candidate or postponed by CFA Institute. Due to fluctuating exchange rates, CFA Institute cannot guarantee the exact amount paid to CFA Institute will be the amount returned in currency other than US currency. After the fourteen-day period has ended, registration fees are nonrefundable, even in the event of a medical condition or other extreme circumstance. Registration fees are non-transferrable. Payments for print curriculum orders are nonrefundable once the order has been placed. CFA Institute strongly advises candidates against requesting a refund for an exam under these policies in an attempt to obtain a larger refund.
Deferrals to the next available exam are considered on a case-by-case basis, and only in the event of one of the following:
- life-threatening illness (candidate or immediate family member) in the exam window;
- death of a candidate’s immediate family member;
- mandatory military deployment (candidate only) during the exam window;
- pregnancy (candidate only)
- rescheduled exam by Prometric within 30 days of the start of the exam window and after contacting Prometric, you are unable to find a new acceptable appointment date.
As a reminder, candidates are bound by the Code of Ethics at all times throughout their candidacy.