Approved Prep Provider Program
The collaboration between CFA Institute and Approved Prep Providers helps achieve our mission to lead the investment profession globally by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.
Providers accepted into the Approved Prep Provider (APP) Program will adhere to best practices and terms and conditions.
Participation in the APP Program is voluntary and open to prep providers that:
- Develop a substantial portion of their own content and/or courses (pure resellers of third-party materials will not be accepted) or have permissions to use a third-party provider’s materials but provide their own qualified instructors;
- Have been providing preparatory services for at least one CFA Institute program for at least one year; and
- Agree to abide by all terms and conditions of the APP Program.
Benefits of Participating
- Purchase candidate mailing lists
- Access candidate pass rate analysis reports
- Access curricula, including Learning Outcome Statements (LOS)
- Make use of our online resource center
- Gain promotion of your APP program status through various CFA Institute communications, including this website
- Use the Approved Prep Provider logo
Apply to the Program
Best practices include:
- Abiding by all CFA Institute requirements
- Effective communication of the educational purpose and principles of CFA Institute programs
- Delivery of high-quality supplemental materials consistent with the current curriculum and exam
- Collection and sharing of candidate feedback regarding courses and prep products
- Not asking candidates to share test questions or topics with the provider after an exam (from memory or otherwise)
- Accurate communication to candidates regarding the time commitment required for proper preparation for CFA Institute programs
- Truthful, transparent, and fair advertising