This scholarship is available to women around the world who are interested in earning the CFA charter and who do not qualify for other CFA Institute scholarships. Women working in the investment management industry are encouraged to apply.
Program enrollment fee is waived and exam registration fee is reduced to USD 350
1 February for June exam and 1 September for December exam.The application submission window closes when all scholarships have been awarded. This may occur before the stated deadline of 1 February/September.
For women who are interested in earning the CFA charter, do not qualify for other CFA Institute scholarships, and have not yet registered for their next exam.
How to Apply
Complete the application
Log in and complete the online application.
Once your scholarship application has been processed, you will receive further instructions by email within three weeks.
If you are selected for a scholarship award, you may register for the exam. Applicants should not register for any examination prior to receiving an official scholarship decision. Refunds are not permitted.
Scholarship Candidates may be either new or continuing candidates in the CFA Program. All recipients must be in good standing with CFA Institute to receive a scholarship. Candidates can only receive one CFA Institute scholarship per exam. If a candidate receives multiple scholarships (of any kind), the scholarship that is most beneficial to the recipient will be distributed to the candidate.
- CFA Institute shall award scholarships in its sole discretion. Scholarships are not guaranteed to any applicant and all decisions by CFA Institute are final.
- Scholarship recipients can register for a single examination in the CFA Program, and receive a copy of the corresponding curriculum in eBook format, at a discounted cost as set by CFA Institute.
- A print version of the curriculum may be purchased for the additional fee applicable to all exam candidates. For future examinations (for the same or another level), Recipients must apply for an additional scholarship to receive the discounted rate. Recipients are responsible for their own passport fees, travel arrangements, expenses, incidentals, and supplemental study courses and materials.
- Scholarships may not be sold, transferred, or assigned and are not convertible to cash.
- Scholarship Candidates must comply with all applicable enrollment and registration deadlines published for all candidates. All exam levels (I, II and III) are offered in June of each calendar year. Only the Level I exam is offered in December of each calendar year. Scholarship Candidates must enroll for their appropriate exam level by the last registration deadline pursuant to their scholarship award.
- Scholarships must be used for the exam for which they are granted. No refunds or deferrals are available.
- Scholarships may not be applied retroactively nor to currently registered candidates.
- If a Scholarship Candidate fails to follow CFA Institute policies, including the identification policy, he/she will not be admitted to the exam and will forfeit his/her scholarship.
- If a Scholarship Candidate fails to appear for, or is refused admittance to, an exam for which he/she registered with a Scholarship, CFA Institute may disclose this to his/her Sponsor, and he/she may be ineligible to receive future Scholarships.
- Scholarship recipient consents to CFA Institute sharing his/her identity as a scholarship recipient with the local CFA Society.
- Any false statements or misrepresentations made by scholarship applicants may be grounds for discipline in, or dismissal from, CFA Institute’s programs.
- Scholarship recipient consents to his/her Pass/Fail results being shared in aggregate with the society, school, employer or university from which he/she received the scholarship.
I agree that I meet the entrance requirements for the CFA Program and that I have reviewed and will adhere to the Official Rules for the Scholarship Program.
Conflicts of Interest
All Scholarship Candidates and Sponsors must disclose to CFA Institute in writing any and all actual or potential conflicts of interest, including but not limited to those listed below, which may compromise the integrity of the Program.
CFA Institute may, in its sole discretion, refuse to accept or cancel a Scholarship award if an actual or perceived conflict of interest exists. If CFA Institute rejects a nomination due to a conflict of interest, Sponsor will be notified and may not be permitted to select an alternate Scholarship Candidate.
Potential conflicts of interest include:
- Scholarship Candidate is a close familial relative (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, nephew, niece, or first cousin) of the Sponsor (or any member or employee of Sponsor) selecting the candidate
- Scholarship Candidate or Sponsor solicits, provides or accepts any compensation or other consideration in exchange for the nomination
- Scholarship Candidate is a current or former employee or director of the Sponsor, CFA Institute, or a CFA Institute Member Society
- Scholarship Candidate has been sanctioned by the CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program
- Scholarship Candidate engages in any conduct that may reflect negatively upon CFA Institute
Applicants should not register for any examination prior to receiving official notification about the status of their scholarship application.